Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Power of Gratitude

The first technique for thought control is simply called Expressing Gratitude

People who let the Law of Attraction work for them are a certain breed of people. You'll recognize them when you meet them.

They are often positive, joyful, in awe of the world, and full of love and compassion.

Sure, they sometimes face bad moments - feelings of despair, grief or sorrow, but they bounce back quickly. They seem to relish life itself.

A simple way to help you move into this state of joy and positive vibes is to start thinking about what you have to be thankful for.

And believe me, you have a LOT to be thankful for.

You may look at your 2-bedroom apartment, cheap car and 15" inch TV and compare yourself to wealthy people living today and feel that you have barely made it.

But think about this - you are richer than the richest people in the world living just 200 years ago. They did not have a "horseless carriage" that could carry them wherever they wanted to go. They could not use a phone to instantly communicate with anyone - anywhere in the world. They did not have a "magic story-telling box", what we would call a TV - to entertain them. 200 years ago, the amount of information that the average wealthy person could consume in a lifetime, would be no match for the amount you can consume in ONE DAY through the Internet.

You may have an average income - but you would not want to trade places with a "rich" man living just 200 years ago. You have much to be grateful for!

So to get the Law of Attraction working for you, express gratitude for what you have. Because here's the BIG secret - when you express gratitude for what you have - you allow the Universe to give you more.

Wallace Wattles hit the nail on its head when he said, "People who order their lives rightly in all areas are kept in poverty because of their lack of gratitude. Having received one gift from God, they cut the ties that connect them to God by failing to make acknowledgement."

Now here's an important thing...

The acknowledgment does not serve to boost the ego of some insecure Universal Consciousness or God. The Universe does not CARE if you're grateful or not.

Why this works is because when you express gratitude for what you have, you put YOURSELF in a frame of mind - one that's of joy and expectancy. Because you now focus on what you HAVE rather than what you DON'T HAVE, the energy you're sending out is I HAVE A LOT.

And in return the Law of Attraction has to reciprocate by giving you A LOT MORE.

Without gratitude, the energy you put out is I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH - and so, by the Law of Attraction, you'll keeping losing more and more until you don't have enough.

Jack Canfield explains how he uses the Power of Gratitude in his life...

AS I explained in the movie, The Secret, I am always grateful for all that I have in my life – I have a magnificent home … I have a tremendous wife …I love spending time with my family. And, I absolutely love what I do in my business every day. I HAVE the best … and, much to my surprise … it just keeps getting better anyway!

But the point is this – I was grateful when I had no home, no wife, no family and no business. You see, it doesn't matter where you are in life. There's a reason right NOW to express gratitude.

So do it. Get in the habit of it. Write your gratitude list every night, or say it out loud in the shower every morning. You'll notice in just a matter of days how long that list begins to grow – and what a change in attitude it creates for you … and that's where attraction finds its way to you.

How to Express Gratitude

It's really easy. Just decide to spend a few minutes each day to practice being thankful for what you have.

You could do it during:

  • Your morning commute
  • While in the shower
  • Just before going to bed at night.
  • In the morning, as soon as you wake up.
Some sample statements of gratitude you can use:

I'm so grateful for my body. It's treated me so well over the years and is aging gracefully. I'm happy with the way I look.

I'm grateful for having such an incredible family, for a spouse that loves me and for kids that are simply wonderful.

I'm grateful for being born me - for my house, car, family, health and the feeling of joy with which I pursue each and every day.

I'm so grateful now that I am earning _________ per month. I have a job I love, a career that I'm good at and I can afford anything I want for myself or my family.

I'm so happy and grateful now that money comes to me, in ever increasing quantities, through multiple sources of income, on a continuous basis.

Next...Thought Control when Something Bad Happens

But what if something particularly bad happens - an accident or sudden illness?

What do you do then?

The solution is a technique called Energy Redirection

7 Free Lessons from the Teachers of The Secret

No comments: